Hey girl, you’re now five over twenty.
You’ve lived with us for time plenty
It’s time to get you married and send you away
We knew this time would come some day.
No boyfriend? No problem. Arranged marriage is your solution.
We will find you the perfect boy,
Meet every prospect behaving all coy.
The girl who wasn’t allowed to be out till late due to feared danger..
Will now be married off and sent to live with an absolute stranger..
Being an unmarried woman over the age of 25..is like a socially unacceptable culprit who has no right to be alive.
I wish things change socially, for the better.
And soon ALL families encourage their girls to fulfil their dreams and be a go-getter.
Coz life is not only about getting married and settling down.
Life is about living to the fullest without any pressure or frown.
Go marry someone who you know is going to be the love of your life.
Be it arranged or love, marriage should be with the person who you’re happy to be called his wife.
Exactly a week to go for me to become the dreaded 25 years old. Aaaaaggghhhhhh…. When and how did this happen? It seems like only yesterday that I was celebrating my 18th birthday , excited to be an adult and ready for everything the adult life brings. Little did I know that adulthood is not a measure of years lived, but a measure of life experiences!
Personally, I feel I yet am a little girl who’s not grown up at all. However, its the little incidents, small conversations, random gestures that probably make you realise that you have adulted after all.
I seem to have had a series of such adulting realisations. From a simple change like calling the taxi drivers “Bhaiyya” from my standard “uncle” – to major changes like handling the whole house by myself when parents are not around (instead of the usual lazing around and having complete dependence on the house help). What’s more, my interest in book genre’s are also changing. Instead of the mushy love stories that I read before, I’m reading books about women struggles and the real life. That’s not stopping me from continuing to dream about my fantasy world though.
All these changes and more are indicating that I am into a major adulting mode. And I’m not complaining. In fact I can’t wait for my years forward and all the lovely (and not so lovely) experiences that my life is to bring me.
I’m all grown up. And I’m ready for more adulting. And I know the child in me is going to be there forever, which I’m thankful for.
With these thoughts in mind, I have only this to say to my dreaded 25th year — BRING IT ON! 🙂
Another year has begun and in a jiffy the first month is already over. Why is time running sooo fast? I swear I can’t think of anything substantial that I have done or achieved in this month of January. Nothing. Zilch.
Is this how I want to spend the rest of my year? No ways! I have thought and thought about this all day today and the only thing I could conclude upon, is that I’m going to make a difference this year.
I am going to make this year count. I’m going to do something fun, something crazy, something nice and make it memorable. I’m determined to make this year much better than the last year (which totally sucked! Lesser than 2014, but it did suck alright). I don’t know how I’m going to achieve this as yet. Maybe time will tell.
But for now I’m going to make a to-do list. Like a bucket list for the year 2016. I’ll try my best to tick of all of them. Who knows, at the end of the year I may actually have something to smile about when I think of 2016.
Sharing the same with you’ll as we’re going to be in this together. Here goes.
1. Travel – Visit at least 2 new cities.
2. Do something that I have never done in my life before.
3. Social service – help someone/something through charity/donations/actions.
4. Get a decent job.
5. Make a friend who resides outside Mumbai.
6. Learn to cook.
7. Get at least one tick on the “Life bucket list” (Let me know if you’ll are interested in my ultimate bucket list – in the comments section below)
8. Reading goals – 10 books
9. Get the desired weight and fitness. (VERY IMPORTANT)
10. Get 50 followers on this blog. (Wheeeeee)
Yeah, that’s all that I could think of which is actually achievable in this year.
What do you guys think of this list of mine? Do any of you’ll have a list like this? What’s in it? Is there anything that I should add to this list of mine? DO LET ME KNOW.
A biiiiiiiggggggg HELLLOOOOOOO to everyone out there. I cannot begin to tell you’ll how very excited I am to be a part of (finally) the blogging world.
To begin this experience, I’m thinking what’s better than to introduce myself to everyone who may care to read on what I have to say in the near future. Thus, I decided upon telling you guys 10 things about me. So here goes…
- My name is A, short for Aditi (Pretty Little Liars ftw yeah? :p)
- I live in Mumbai (Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth)
- I’m a twenty something girl (Hey, a lady never reveals her age! :o)
- I love me some DRAMA. (Blog name doesn’t explain itself right?)
- Bollywood runs in my blood
- I’m scared of anything that has legs and can walk/fly/swim, other than Human beings!
- I haven’t travelled much, but I know for sure that I LOVE travelling and seeing new places and observing new culture.
- Favourite colour is PINK..
- I am going to marry SRK someday. (and Ryan Gosling, and Enrique, and John Stamos, and a few others too! )
- I looveeeeee meeting and making new friends and I’m hoping I make some via wordpress too.
Yeah, that’s all for now! Until next time.
PS – I’m a new blogger with absolutely no prior knowledge or experience in it. Thus, comments and criticisms is very welcome to help me better in this.