Hey girl, you’re now five over twenty.
You’ve lived with us for time plenty
It’s time to get you married and send you away
We knew this time would come some day.
No boyfriend? No problem. Arranged marriage is your solution.
We will find you the perfect boy,
Meet every prospect behaving all coy.
The girl who wasn’t allowed to be out till late due to feared danger..
Will now be married off and sent to live with an absolute stranger..
Being an unmarried woman over the age of 25..is like a socially unacceptable culprit who has no right to be alive.
I wish things change socially, for the better.
And soon ALL families encourage their girls to fulfil their dreams and be a go-getter.
Coz life is not only about getting married and settling down.
Life is about living to the fullest without any pressure or frown.
Go marry someone who you know is going to be the love of your life.
Be it arranged or love, marriage should be with the person who you’re happy to be called his wife.
Days, Months, even years have passed by
And all I have done is to try and try.
Once bitten, twice shy
But I couldn’t do anything except for cry.
Attempt after attempt, I cried, I tried.
But the results never happened to be in my stride.
Am I too dumb – not worthy of this?
Should I just stop and never dream of bliss?
And there out of nowhere, I heard a voice so sweet
Stop crying, it said, and stand up on your feet.
Work hard instead of wasting precious time
Success will come to you when your effort is at its prime.
Don’t be disheartened that your success seems to delay
Keep working hard and one day, I promise, it will pay.
Don’t lose hope, don’t cease to pray
Your hard work has already got you this far away.
Success will come to you when the time is right
And then you’ll forget this sorrow and have a future bright.
Now for the exam, when you take your seat,
Please keep in mind – delay is not defeat!
– Aditi T.
A biiiiiiiggggggg HELLLOOOOOOO to everyone out there. I cannot begin to tell you’ll how very excited I am to be a part of (finally) the blogging world.
To begin this experience, I’m thinking what’s better than to introduce myself to everyone who may care to read on what I have to say in the near future. Thus, I decided upon telling you guys 10 things about me. So here goes…
- My name is A, short for Aditi (Pretty Little Liars ftw yeah? :p)
- I live in Mumbai (Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth)
- I’m a twenty something girl (Hey, a lady never reveals her age! :o)
- I love me some DRAMA. (Blog name doesn’t explain itself right?)
- Bollywood runs in my blood
- I’m scared of anything that has legs and can walk/fly/swim, other than Human beings!
- I haven’t travelled much, but I know for sure that I LOVE travelling and seeing new places and observing new culture.
- Favourite colour is PINK..
- I am going to marry SRK someday. (and Ryan Gosling, and Enrique, and John Stamos, and a few others too! )
- I looveeeeee meeting and making new friends and I’m hoping I make some via wordpress too.
Yeah, that’s all for now! Until next time.
PS – I’m a new blogger with absolutely no prior knowledge or experience in it. Thus, comments and criticisms is very welcome to help me better in this.